The OHSAS18001 standard is an internationally recognised standard for occupational health and safety management of your business. The standard applies to the processes that create and control the products and services an organisation supplies. The system produces systematic control of your business activities to ensure that the products and services are controlled, monitored and measured against industry best practice and also applicable legislation and regulation.
The Health and Safety standard follows the same method as the ISO14001 requiring risk assessments, legal compliance registers and setting objectives and targets.
Implementing a management system can have many positive effects on your company. OHSAS systems can create or sustain a professional H&S attitude, whilst motivating and safeguarding employees by defining their key roles and responsibilities, highlight opportunities for improvement and reduce overall risk, accidents and injuries.
- Improved competitiveness, capability and performance
- Improved risk management
- Clearer understanding of Health and Safety
- Improved market impact and improved tender scoring
- New business generation
- Reduced risk, accidents and incidents
- Reduced workforce absenteeism
- Integrated with existing systems such as ISO14001 and ISO9001
Mitre SME Development Centre specialises in taking business through the entire process simply and effectively with the ultimate goal to achieve OHSAS status for your company.
The Mitre Processes
- Introduce Health and Safety-orientated management systems and processes
- Review existing management practices, risk assessment and existing systems
- Develop management systems based on OHSAS18001with a view to certification
- Create templates for continuous company improvement
- Carry out internal audits and management review to ensure certification
Contact us for more information.